Hafal pledge to the Equally Well Charter:
At Hafal we pledge to deliver our Let’s Get Physical! health programme across the 22 counties of Wales over the coming year with the aim of improving the physical health outcomes for people with a serious mental illness and their carers. This will involve:
- running two Let’s Get Physical! days – on in North Wales, one in South Wales – giving participants the opportunity to try out a number of sports and activities and receive information and advice from a number of key agencies on maintaining and improving their physical health
- providing a range of information on improving physical health via our publications, websites, social media and our dedicated Let’s Get Physical!
- working with our clients to ensure that the physical health section of their care plans includes ambitious but realistic goals for their physical health
- providing physical health taster activities at our North Wales and South Wales Members’ days
- promoting physical health at our 100+ projects across Wales.
Pledged on the 4 September 2018
Alun Thomas, Hafal Chief Executive, said: “We fully support Equally Well in ensuring people with a mental illness and their carers have an equal right to good health and effective health care. As a Member-led charity we are fully aware of the physical health inequalities faced by people affected by mental illness. We also know from experience that improving physical health can be a key part of recovery from a mental illness, and essential to achieving a better quality of life. We will continue to fight for better physical health care and support for our Members, and to ensure that care plans comprehensively deal with physical health.”